If you are hosting a New Year's Eve party to welcome 2018, you are really ahead of the game by planning it now. You'll thank yourself for that during the busy Christmas holidays! If you have decided to do something very different by having a British royalty theme for your celebration, from the invitations to the entertainment, here are some ideas that might help you to plan a fun and unique party:
The Invitations - Are you going with a formal venue or an informal one? Either way, think of making your own invitations.
- For a formal venue, think of selecting an off-white background for the front of your invitation and just add a small gold crown in the center of the design.
- Add formal wording like We Would Be Honored By Your Prescence.
- For an informal theme, think of going with a bit of humor.
- For example, draw stick figures of you and your spouse on the front of the invitation and put topsy-turvy crowns on the heads of the stick figures.
The Entertainment - Go British!
- Think of finding an entertainer that does impersonations.
- If you decide on that type of entertainment, he or she will probably impersonate people like Queen Elizabeth and other members of the royal family.
- Another idea is to find a musical group that performs music from The Beatles, The Monkeys and other popular British groups from the 1960s.
- Perhaps you want something more low-key for your entertainment. If so, consider showing movies like Alfie or Frenzy that take place in London.
The Food - Will you be cooking for your guests yourself or will you have the dinner catered? Either way, go with British fare to keep with your British royalty theme.
- Set the mood for your British meal with the table centerpieces. Go with replicas of things like crowns and models of landmarks like Big Ben and London Bridge.
- If you are having the dinner catered, think of suggesting meals like roast and Yorkshire pudding or shepherd's pie for the main course.
- For a buffet, consider fish and chips along with British mushy peas.
- A perfect dessert for any British meal would be to have bread pudding.
Think of asking your guests to dress in costume. You might find people dressing up like Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, the Beatles and people from Britain's past. Take plenty of pictures so you can share them with your guests.
Contact a company like Royal Entertainment for more information and assistance.